Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day Three

Seriously.

I expect to come up with something to write for seven days? In a row?

I must have been out of my mind.

I never really wanted this blog to be like a journal entry marking out what I have done during my day. My days aren't that exciting.

For example, this is what has happened in my life in the last 12 hours...

1. My husband and I are having our carpets cleaned one level of the house at a time. Which means that last night we were up until 1 a.m. getting EVERYTHING out of the upstairs level of our house so the carpet guy could come this morning and clean the 3 bedrooms upstairs with absolutely nothing in the way. Nothing. No beds, dressers, bookshelves, toys, etc. etc. The carpet guy showed up and said "This is a first. I've never had anyone move into the living room of their home just to get their carpets cleaned. There must be a merit badge in there for you somewhere..."

Everyone is a comedian.

But he's right. My husband and I moved the dining room table into the kitchen and plopped our mattress down where the table had been since one of the upstairs bedrooms that we gutted of furniture is ours.

Carpets look marvelous, by the way.

2. My oldest daughter, who I never really considered overly vain, got her braces off this morning. And can't stop looking at herself in the mirror and smiling. :)

3. My 4 year old daughter said "Here is my name backwards" and then proceeded to spell it out. Correctly. I was impressed.

4. I read an entire 225 page romance novel while waiting the two hours for my daughter to get her braces off.

5. I took 10 bags of toys and clothes to Deseret Industries--there are bonuses to getting everything out of bedrooms...you find things that you really don't want to ever put back and it cleans and minimizes clutter.

That's it. Not too shabby.

But not a page turner...or mouse scroller.

Maybe something fun will happen between now and tomorrow--or I'll get some inspired deep thought to ponder out loud.

I guess you'll just have to stay tuned until tomorrow to find out....:)

No comments: