Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day Seven

Whew. Day seven is finally here.

I don't know what it is, but when I force myself to blog 7 days in a row I feel too much pressure. Nothing comes to mind that might be uplifting or entertaining.

I want to write uplifting and entertaining.

I think I would do better if I didn't make myself do the daily write--even if I DO write every day. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

So from here on out, I am no longer promising a daily blog entry. I will do better though at writing more often than I had in the past, but I'll keep the rigid rules out so that I don't freeze up and write really stupid entries. (Like today's, yes...no one has to comment on that and point it out.)

For today I will just give out some info.:

I finished the website for the soccer club. You can see it at www.razziafutbolclub.com . It is just a basic website at the moment. I needed to get it up fast so that they can get the tryout information out there for people. I'll customize it over the next couple of weeks. If you see any glaring errors on that--spell checks, etc.--let me know. Please. :)

The second info. I have is that my husband left today to go out of town on business until Tuesday. Not a big deal normally, but we are still trying to get the house put back together after taking everything out of the upper level of the home for the carpet cleaning. So he has left me with a lot to keep me entertained while he is in Colorado. The good news is that I can have breakfast foods for dinner with no complaining to be heard for miles. My husband isn't a fan of meals out of order. :)

And now, to end my seven day writing streak I will give you all a list of five things I like to do when my husband is out of town. How's that for an exciting topic? :)

1. Watch chick flicks that he mocks openly--so that I can watch them mock-free.
2. Eat peanut M&M's while doing #1...I can eat them when hubby is home, but then I have to share.
3. Sleep in the middle of the bed with all the pillows.
4. Have total control of the tv remote---which means watching Sportcenter only one time instead of twice because my husband falls asleep on the couch with a death grip on the remote and I seem to enjoy watching tv with him after the kids are in bed...even if he is snoring and I'm watching the same highlights--but that is a whole other topic.
5. Treat the kids to take-out. That one isn't hard to imagine--my husband goes on business trips and gets treated to fabulous restaurants while he is gone while we are home with standard fare of mac & cheese and hot dogs..."springing" for Wendy's isn't much comparison, but it gets me out of cooking one of the nights he is gone. :)

So there you go. I'd love to hear what you guys like to do when your significant other is out of town without you. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love new ideas. :)

No comments: