Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What to Write?

I don't write new blog posts very often. I like to write them, don't get me wrong...but I suppose I keep waiting for something fascinating to happen to write about. Something fun or silly. Not the mundane that usually occurs at my house and in my life.

So why am I writing now?

I have no idea.

It isn't to share the story of how I drove all the way downtown yesterday to pay the stupid fine on my stupid ticket (see the previous blog entry on not pushing your luck for that story), only to find that the precinct there doesn't have my ticket. It was written up out of their jurisdiction so it will either be in the town I live in, or the one right next to it since the ticket was given exactly on the border of the two towns. Exactly on it...the street divides the boundaries so one side of the road is one town, the other side is the other town. So I called the bordering town's offices and they don't have the ticket either. And by the time they called me back, my town's offices were closed. So I get to track it down today somehow. But honestly...if they have lost my ticket, that should make it just dissolve and go away right? (wishful thinking...but still....)

But I digress...I really didn't write today to share that story.

Nor did I write today to give a glowing report on the dollar movies--it only cost $4.50 to take my entire family to the movies last night. That is a count of 9 people. Monday's are .50 days at the dollar shows. Huge bargain.

And I didn't write to say that the movie 'Enchanted' is, well, enchanting. (It is a really cute show though...definitely one that we will buy when it comes out on DVD)

And I certainly didn't write to share my observation on how I can GAIN weight and then people will mention how thin I am starting to look--I've decided that it must be a reverse psychology thing. That, or they are frightened by my increase in weight and instead of telling the truth--"Holy Toledo! Your butt is getting H-U-G-E!"--they panic and say the exact opposite.

Oh, and I didn't decide to write about how my 15 year-old daughter was in seminary and her teacher told the class that people shouldn't kiss unless they want to marry that person. So she went up to his desk later and told him that her parents have told her that they don't want her to marry the only person she ever kisses--and the teacher responded loudly enough to her questioning that now all of her classmates think Doug and are are pretty darn cool. Even though we didn't really mean it the way she made it sound.

Speaking of that subject though, I must throw in that I loved Aimee's friend's $1000 idea (see the comments in my Valentine's post for the explaination). I mentioned it to my 15 year-old and she wanted to know if I could do the same thing but pay her if she makes it to 16 without kissing a boy. I laughed and laughed and told her no way, no how. That she will owe ME $1000 if she kisses a boy before she is 16. :) But that isn't what I wanted to write about either.

Hmmm.

Let me think....

Nope. I really have nothing of interest to write about today, but really wanted to say something. Maybe something will come to me later. Or not.

I might not write often, but no one can say that my rambling skills have in anyway diminished.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Keep up the postings...I love them!! They make me laugh.