Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Backgrounds

If any of you have checked my blog over the last couple of days, you will have noticed that I am now on my 5th background.

I can't decide what I like best.

I started with the standard blogger background that I have had for over a year, then I moved to a lovely green. But when browsing a bit more I decided that I like the red and black and white colored backgrounds the best so I found one in those tones, but my mom didn't like the white text. So I changed to pink, and got comments like: "Well, it is pink." But you could tell they didn't mean that in a good way. So I went back to the red/black/white combo, but with a red background behind the text instead of black so that I didn't have to have white text.

But you'll notice that the background has the words "Happy New Year", which means that in a week or so I will be changing the background again.

One of these days I might break down and figure out how to do html stuff on my own and design my own background. That way everyone will have to zip it about their likes and dislikes because they will be trying to boost my ego and tell me how talented I am.

Or they will just be trying really hard to not hurt my feelings.

Either way works for me. :) When I don't design the background myself, it is easy to say that they aren't fond of the choice.

I just thought I would explain the multiple backgrounds lately. It all comes back to my lack of having a decision making gene. Not sure who I can blame for that one, but I'm trying really hard to not take it all on myself. Parents are lovely scapegoats. And as I am becoming my own children's scapegoats on their defects, I am getting good at talking them into blaming their grandparents too.

So mom, it is all your fault.

Whatever it is. :)

And we all thank you for it even when you actually have nothing at all to do with it.

Whatever that means.

(Are you sure you didn't like the pink?)

4 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

Jamie said...

I love this one. Thank y ou! You can leav e it on the black and white, the white lines leave. Eventually. :-) and I love your blogs no matter what color. They are just fun to read.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Well, I didn't see the other backgrounds, so I can't compare. I will say that this one is really busy. I almost thought I was at the wrong blog! :) I'm getting ready to start fiddling with my banner and background, too. It's such a long process to find one you like and works for everyone else, too. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Danyelle, I always like your blog backgrounds. Do you do them yourself, or do you get them somewhere? And if it is the latter--where do you get them? (Like I need MORE choices...:) )