Saturday, November 17, 2007

2nd Post

No, I'm not going to keep track of all my posts by number. "Let's don't be silly."

Just wanted to write a quick update on some of the kids...

Kady made the 9th grade basketball team. I think it will be fun for her. I hope it will be fun to watch...she likes it so far I think. As much as you can like practicing 3 days a week before the season starts in December.

Kelly's soccer team is playing indoor soccer in the boys division because not enough girls teams signed up this session. The team played their first game today and got beat 7-4. We only had one sub and ran out of steam at the end--they were tied 3-3 going into halftime, went up 4-3 and then pooped out. (Doesn't help that our goalie and both back up keepers weren't at the game today...). The boys they played against were a bit nervous at the thought of losing to the girls, I'm sure. They seemed pretty excited to pull off the win. Next Saturday should be better--we'll have all of our team there next week. No excuses.

Victoria refused to watch 'Transformers' with us tonight. She thought she wouldn't like it. She ended up watching the last 30 minutes of the movie and now wants us to buy a copy. (The one we watched I checked out of the library...) She doesn't like action movies that might have blood and gore. Won't even take our word for it that she will like it. I'd say that now maybe she will listen to us, but that won't happen. She is fairly certain she knows more than the majority of our family. :)

JD already has a very thorough Christmas list drawn up. He has made a couple of drafts, taken a calculator and totaled the prices of this items on his list and then pared it down to a more manageable (read 'less laughable') number. Now when I ask him to do something for me he tried the bartering route of "If you get me everything on my Christmas list I will do that for you." And then of course he immediately does what I asked him as soon as I come back with the old "That's one more present off your list, want to try for more?" I'm starting to like the Christmas season--the kids seem more willing to be helpful. Whoever came up with the 'naughty or nice' list was genius.

Dominic, Olivia, and Mariah are Kady's new favorites. Those three are the only ones who helped her clean the tv room today (speaking of being helpful..) I am fairly certain bribery was involved, but whatever she told them it worked. It is amazing how fast that room gets destroyed, by the way. Kady said she hoped that if they help clean it they will realize what a pain it is and will try to keep it clean. Like that is going to happen. Can anyone honestly see two 4 year olds and a 3 year old keeping anything clean on purpose?

Dom and Livi just came in to show me they switched clothes. Just so everyone knows, Dom looks lovely in purple.

I guess that's enough for today. Not a ton of rambling. Just warming up.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That's funny about Dom and Livi changing clothes. And about JD and his Christmas list (although Jimmy has really only told me one thing he wants so a list like that would be nice), and Vic and the movie...Are you going to put pictures on your blog any time soon? :)