Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Writing it All Down So I Don't Have To Become a Scrapblogger

You know, when you aren't blogging like a scrapbook of your life but are trying to just write about random ponderings that have entered your head at any given time, you can have long dry-spells between entries.

I haven't mastered the skill of writing down thoughts to blog about as they come to me. I drive down the road and have a couple of dozen "great" blog ideas come to me, but by the time I get home...nothing.

Or worse, I get the idea for a decent blog and sit down at the computer to get it all typed up--I even get the first couple of paragraphs and I can feel my head jumping ahead certain directions as I type that I am hoping my fingers can keep up with--and then kids come in either screaming, fighting, or bleeding (or any mix of those three), and by the time I turn back to the computer the idea is completely gone. Zip. My brain is shockingly blank.

When that latter one happens I usually keep muddling through hoping for a new grip on my previous brainstorm.

What usually results from that muddling is about 75% of what you read here on my blog. Rambling, miscellaneous quotations, and usually a lot of head-scratching "what-is-she-talking-about?" type bogging.

I have 4 unfinished blog entries waiting in my "Edit Posts" area for me to get a clue and hammer them out.

THIS blog entry will probably have 67 re-writes and will still make no sense, but what the heck?

[Not that you would know it reading this after I've put it all together, but I just got sidetracked with a little yogurt mishap and my 4 year-old. All is well now--and as a bonus the room now smells like strawberries... What was I talking about?...oh, yeah...]

Sometimes I think it would be easier to blog like a scrapbooker/scrapblogger type, but then I remember that I don't really have a life either and would be stuck with just as much material to write about that way so I might as well stick to what I know. Or what I do anyway, since I can't always claim 100% knowledge on any given topic that I've spouted off about.

I also don't have fun or interesting photos to help my scrapblogging.

And what the heck, let's go for broke: I don't LIKE scrapblogging. But I do enjoy rambling masses of confusion.

I suppose all this means is that I either need to start writing down topics of discussion for my blog when I get a half-way decent idea, or I continue on as always.

You all know me well enough to know which way I'll go with that one.

And do you know what? I'm okay with being that predictable. Better to be predictable than me forcing you to all look at photos and read about saccharine stories of my perfect children or tell you about the results of my latest dentist appointment, right? :)

[What was I talking about? I started laughing about the perfect children thing and my mind blanked again....Ya...Nope, I've got nuthin'...]

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Do I scrapblog? Sometimes I write without pictures. I like reading your ramblings.

I think the beauty of a blog is you can do whatever you want. But don't hold it in. I want to read those posts you haven't posted yet!