Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tagged! A Closer Look...

Okay. I knew I shouldn't have looked at Danyelle's site. She even warned me that she tagged me...

1. My Kitchen Sink
We just finished dinner, and I am totally out of dish washing detergent--so if I waited until tomorrow morning it would look even worse than this...

2. Inside My Fridge

Not a lot to look at. I need to go grocery shopping too, but we just got back in town late last night and I haven't had a chance to restock. Note the KFC bucket though. I figure that makes a nice, colorful touch...

3. My Favorite Shoes

If Danyelle can choose more than one pair, so can I...The shoes on the left aren't much to look at--just scuffed worn black loafers, but I got them on my mission and they are both comfortable and sentimental. The middle are my newest addition, and the shoes on the right are my indoor soccer shoes.

4. My Closet--and 5. My Laundry Pile
Okay, I admit to more cheating here...this is my closet, and on the floor is my laundry pile. I refuse to take a photo of the laundry pile in my laundry room. I have a door to my laundry room for the express purpose of being able to shut it and not have anyone see it. :) If you don't let this pass go, I'll take a photo of the laundry room on Tuesday after I've had a couple more days to find the floor....:) For those of you who I tag at the end of this...go to Danyelle's site and see the way it is supposed to look...

6. What My Kids Are Doing Right Now



The top photo is of the three littles running through the front sprinklers--which I actually was unaware was happening until I took the camera and went looking for them.

The bottom photo is the rest of the gang--including my husband on the one couch, and one of the poodles on the back of the chair. They are all watching "I Am Legend".

7.My Favorite Room

Sort of another cheat. I like my living room. I like my new main light we just put in above the entry there. I like the dark (brick) red paint we painted that wall, and the white trim. It is a comfortable room. However, this room is the 'catch-all' after our trip and I haven't put everything away yet, so showing you the rest of the room--couches, coffee table, etc.--is out of the question. Seriously. I'm not even sure you could find the couch at this point....

8. My Recent Purchase

This is in my outside fridge. We bought a case of water on the way home from our trip yesterday.

9. My Fantasy Vacation

WITH kids, I'd take them back to DisneyWorld for two weeks this time, and throw in the Disney Cruise. We LOVE DisneyWorld.


With just my hubby, we've talked about going to Iceland...warm water springs, Icelandic horses, geysers, beautiful scenery...and you don't hear about a ton of people going there. They DO go there...but it isn't the typical vacation spot for most people I know.

10. A Self-Portrait

Note the new hairstyle. I guess if you don't know the OLD hairstyle, this photo means nothing to you. :) Just add 8 inches and a straightening iron, and you've got it.

Now--I get to tag :) This is the fun part.
I choose Cindy, Stacey, and Aimee :)

5 comments:

Danyelle Ferguson said...

De - AWESOME! We just got back into town too. Sorry I hit you at a bad time . . . um, that happened with Tristi too & she wasn't very happy. :)

Glad to see my kids aren't the only ones who escape and run through the sprinklers in their church clothes though!

Stacey said...

Okay, De. I did mine, so if you want, you can go to my blog to look at it.

Unknown said...

Danyelle, my kids love everything about running through the sprinklers--at least my girls took their shoes off first...:)

Stacey, your house is clean and you are actually wearing make-up. I must not have caught you at a bad time. Totally unfair. :-D

I will tell you all that the blue and yellow stained glass thing in the window above my kitchen sink is something I made--I took a beginning stained glass art class at Thanksgiving Point. That's my proud moment (brag) of the day. It was a fun class and I only went through one box of bandaids with the cuts on my hands :)

Aimee said...

Hey De - I am out of town on a business trip this week but I will post it when I get home on Friday or Saturday. I already know who I am going to tag!!!

Stacey said...

That's only because I try to actually get ready and have my house looking decent before I get online. It definitely wasn't perfectly clean, as you can see papers and things scattered around, but at least it wasn't too messy. If you had tagged me on Saturday, that would have been a different story...:)